Friday 14 December 2012

So this week I took my chosen photo and enlarged it to A3 Size. Then traced it with a fine line. Then using the traced version I scanned it into Photoshop and rubbed away any mistakes, after that I opened the image into Adobe Illustrated where I used 'Live Trace' to get more bold and defined lines. 

I then photocopied this and pinned it onto my fabric. I used it as a guide to stitch my design onto the fabric with the sewing machine. I used the embroidery foot. 

Live Traced Image. 
Photo of First Stage of Stitching, I edited the levels on Photoshop to give it more of a digital feel. After stitching over the paper I had to pick out the paper carefully, most of it tore away easily.

Close-up.
I hand stitched the eyes, and nostrils. For the eye-liner, I used Satin Stitch.


Photoshop Effects - I used the Hue/Saturation Tool to change the Colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment